FibaShield pre-insulated pipe – faster, safer, better, lasts longer!
FibaShield is FTI’s innovative, proprietary system designed to pre-insulate and protect pipes in a workshop, prior to welding into final position. Moving this process off-site and at ground level in controlled conditions has significant benefits for health and safety, cost, scheduling, on-site labour requirement and overall quality and performance.
Key features and benefits
- equipment can be mobilised to a workshop anywhere in the world
- experienced operators run the plant, train local staff and manage the quality and safety of the project
- full engineering support for the facility and piping engineers responsible for layout and pipe stress
- fire-proofing to any level can be incorporated into the system
- improved safety from working in a workshop rather than on site (often at a height and exposed to the climate)
- reduction in total man-hours by c.50%
- cost reduction from reduction in pipe support costs, scaffolding, materials, man-hours and associated expenses
- improved schedule from removal of man-hours from critical path
- reduced costs of maintenance from redesign of pipe support interface
- improved insulation performance, quality and reduction in maintenance
- pre-insulation capability for 6” – 42” pipe diameter
- insulation specification from cryogenic temperatures -190°C to high pressure steam temperatures
- capacity: a typical unit can supply one to two kilometres of pre-insulated pipe per month. Units are easily scaleable if higher volumes are required.