Acoustic - FibaSound
FibaSound – the thinnest, lightest acoustic insulation systems in the world
In today’s petrochemical industry, the challenge is to combine thermal and acoustic insulation in a
system which is lightweight, space saving, and easy to install. Now FTI has developed a range of
solutions which enable a contractor to provide acoustic and thermal systems satisfying even the
most stringent project specifications.
Tested in conjunction with Peutz laboratory, Netherlands, our FibaSound certified systems are the
thinnest, lightest and most versatile acoustic insulation systems currently available for the provision
of maximum noise reduction.
Each system satisfies the requirements of ISO 15665 and Shell DEP 31 for Classes A through to D,
and NORSOK R-004 Class 6, 7, and 8. (ISO 15665 Class A, B, C is equivalent to NORSOK R-004
Class 6, 7, 8). FibaClad passes IMO MSC 307(88) Annex 1 Part 2 and BS 476: Part 7 Class 1.
Key features and benefits
• less weight
• less thickness
• potential reduction in overall plant footprint
• improved noise reduction across all frequencies
• increased mechanical protection
• sealed joints and terminations
• reduced Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
• fewer systems components
• easy, quicker application / installation
• reduced costs
• fully compatible with FibaClad systems