FibaRoll PH SMC - a phenolic SMC achieving the highest fire, smoke and toxicity standards
FibaRoll PH SMC – meeting the highest fire, smoke and toxicity standards
FibaRoll Phenolic SMC is based on a reinforced phenolic sheet moulding compound (SMC) with chopped E glass fibres. The product is delivered on rolls between 1mm and 2.5mm thick and 600m to 1000mm wide, and can be supplied with a range of cut fibre reinforcements, typically 25-40%. FibaRoll PH SMC has exceeded all the fire, smoke and toxicity requirements for London Underground. FTI continues to redefine polymer technology: concentrating in areas where fire, health and safety concerns are paramount.
Recommended use: FibaRoll PH SMC is typically used in compression moulding for parts required to meet the toughest fire, smoke and toxicity standards.
Key features and benefits:
· Certified for Rail Interiors BS6853 & EN45545
· Cure cycle sub 10 mins
· Excellent surface finish straight out of the mould
· Safe processing with <0.01% free formaldehyde and <1% phenol
· Excellent fire and high temperature resistance
· No halogens
· 10-40% fibre content achievable
· Delivered on a roll between 1mm and 2.5mm thick and 600m to 1000mm wide